Friday, June 27, 2008

Basketball

My son ( The Boy) was at a basketball camp run by Roy Williams at UNC Chapel Hill last week. He had the time of his life. He's been looking forward to this for months now and I'm glad he really enjoyed it. Since my husband was going to take him and stick around, he decided to take The Other Boy so that they could have some male bonding time. We were glad to see them back the other night.
Because I think every occasion deserves a card, I made this for my son to encourage him. He's been in love with basketball since before he was 2 years old. He told me when he was almost three that he was going to play basketball on TV when he was bigger. Right now he has his sights on playing in college. He is really good and he works hard to learn and develop. He really does listen to instruction from his dad and his coaches. He seems to be moving forward in the direction of his dreams. I hope that he will keep this card in his room to remind him to keep dreaming and keep working hard.


Stamps: Shoes and Ball( Darcies) Saying ( Hero Arts)
Paper: Blue Prints(Diecuts with a view) Basketball ( The Paper Company purchased at Michaels)
Other: Prismacolor pencils, Stickers (Jolee's)
Finished size: 5.5 x 4.25"

Julie made them a welcome home cake. I was really busy with something else...

He attended a local camp after returning from NC. When dad came home from work, he wanted to hear all about his day.

Since I was taking pictures, they decided to give me something to shoot.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

You go, Boy!! Jacki, your kids all sound so solid, so loved. Good job Mom and Dad. Love the card, too. And cake! xox

seamom said...

As loni.sue said, "Good job, Mom and Dad". The rewards of these years are even sweeter in the years to come. VERY nice card!

Donna C. said...

Really, really love that card and I think the cake is wonderful too!

Suzanne said...

How fun! I just wanted to say GO TARHEEL! LOL

Card Creations said...

OMGoodness I just love that stamp I am going to have to find where they sell that up here in Canada as my Daughter Taylor is a Basketball nut. I hope your son had fun at Basketball camp. What a great opportunity. My daughter would be in heaven!