Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hero Bear

A little while back, Aaron the president of Hero Arts, was featured blogger for a week on the Hero Club Blog. He talked about how Jackie started the company, and reminisced about some of the earlier stamps etc... There was some discussion shortly after that amongst the Hero Artists about our oldest Hero Arts stamp. I dug out my first Hero Bear and found a card that I made with it 8 years ago. This card was actually made while we were vacationing with my BIL and SIL. I was stuck in the room with a sick child 104 degrees temperature at times and all... I'd brought along markers and images to color if I had time and a very few card making supplies(no embellishments). Turns out I had plenty of time. I stayed with the boy who was only 4 at the time for two days while he slept and watched TV. The others did all the things you can do while on a beach vacation while I stayed and kept an eye on my boy. I wouldn't have been anywhere else! This is one of the many cards I made in those few days. Since it has been a while that I colored that stamp, I decided to color the image and make a new card.
You can't really tell by the picture, but I pieced the chalkboard in the bear's hand. The white StazOn ink wasn't as crisp. I have plenty of embellishments this time. It looks like I tried to use my entire button collection. This one is colored with Prismacolor pencils and the sunflower is made with a Martha Stewart punch and a button for the center. This card will accompany one of teacher gifts, which by the way are not made yet. Did I mention that school ends for the year THIS FRIDAY!??!!! There's nothing like the last minute...
If anyone is interested, I'll post the Hawaiian Meatballs recipe tomorrow. Also, I had chance to talk to Sarah yesterday afternoon. I mentioned how much I love the cookbook she sent me. The recipes are for every day people. I'm very picky eater. When it comes to my cookbook collection, I sadly admit that most of them are just for decoration, because I never use them. The fact that I used one of these recipes at my first opportunity to cook after it arrived says a lot about this book's compatibility to my cooking and eating style. So having said all that, Sarah still has cookbooks left. Originally the books were complied to raise funds for a mission project and sold at $10 each. Her church continues to help a church in that country. If you'd like to get one of these cookbooks she's lowered the price to around $7.50 which includes shipping. You can contact Sarah. -- or email me and I'll pass it along.
***************
My oldest daughter currently has 3 jobs at the mall and the second daughter (the famous one) is still waiting and applying. That's all for today. Blogging time is over. Chauffeuring time commences. Choosing JOY! jacki jones

5 comments:

Michelle Tech said...

How sweet! I love what you've done with these years later!

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards. I think I have that flower punch and hadn't thought to put a button in the center. Really like the look. Of course I'm a softy for teddy bears, but I think you know that. Have a wonderful day.

beth said...

wow, i like your new banner! ;)

Jacki Marie said...

I bet you do! Thanks for making it for me Beth!

Anonymous said...

Cutest teddy bear and you colored it so beautifully - both times!!! Your new banner looks great!