Friday, April 11, 2008

Thanks for your prayers!

I'm going to make this quick, because I'm not used to this laptop and I'm getting a little tired. I came home this afternoon and I've been saying three things since I arrived:
  1. I'm sooo happy to be home. (My bed is so much more comfortable than the hospital's)
  2. I'm feeling soooomuch better ( I'm sure it's the drugs)
  3. I've lost 10 pounds. ( Evidently the uterous was very large, and they tried to starve me in that place with the clear liquid diet for 2 days)

I started running a fever yesterday and as of last night it was still going up. I was really surprised-- but thrilled that my doctor told me I was going home today. I was afraid she would make me stay because of the fever. Instead, I have to take an antibiotic.

Jillana sure was sweet to do her "okey smokey" post the other day to let you know that I was ok and to let me use her laptop today.

I'm going to bed now. Thanks again for all your prayers and sweet well wishes.

OH I saw purple tulips in my neighborhood on Tuesday! and my friend Cindy sent the most beautiful purple tulips to the hospital. Everybody who came into the room thought they were beautifiul and as I left the hospital today, everybody stopped to comment on them. The volunteer who helped me got a kick out of that.

Yes, the verdict in is. If you want to make me happy, send purple tulips. Thanks again, I'm going to heal now...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're home. I've been praying for you! Have a card all ready to go. Now, don't go getting all sassy on me since you've lost 10 lbs.!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Hey Jacki,
Get well soon. I forgot this week was the week. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery!!
Take care lady,
Julie

seamom said...

It's good to be home, isn't it!
Take care of your self; rest, rest and rest some more. Still praying for complete recovery.