Friday, February 1, 2008

B is for Brads.

My cards tend to be on the simple side when it comes to embellishments and layers. You wouldn't know that by my collection in this room. Buttons or ribbon are my most often used embellishment, I think, but I have plenty of brads, eyelets, and nailheads etc, etc, etc...
Since we are on B for the ABC challenge this year, I've added brads to today's cards . If you are joining me in this challenge, leave a comment with a link to your card or send me an email with a picture of your card. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for C. Any suggestions?


Finished Card size: 5.5"x 4.25"
Stamps: Never Show It ( American Art Stamp)
Ink: Basic Brown(SU)
Card stock: Mellow Moss
Printed paper:
Other: the brad and photo anchor hold the mini card shut. Inside reads "Happy Birthday".


Finished Card size: 5.5"x 4.25"
Stamps: Never Show It ( American Art Stamp)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukenecko)
Printed paper: Don't remember the manufacturer, but it's double sided and I bought it at Walmart
Other: Brads (Bazzill)

And here is a bonus, brad-less card.




This is one of those color schemes that was totally inspired by the ribbon.
It may not be easy to see in this picture, but the ribbon is blue and purple.

Finished Card size: 5.5"x 4.25"
Stamps: Never Show It ( American Art Stamp) Swirl (Autumn Leaves)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko)
Card stock: One of the SU purples,
Printed paper: Blue Striped (Provo Craft)
Other: Ribbon (Sheer Creations)

6 comments:

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

Ha...I have the A (alphabet) and the B (brads) on my card! I love brads and used them on almost every card I make. It's just the right amount of bling in my opinion.

Sarosa said...

C - chocolate, obviously! What else is there to think of with the letter C? Perhaps something to do with chocolate or using the color brown.

Chaos or clutter? Close your eyes and plunge your hand into a cardstock pile, then randomly add layers and embellishments without matching? OUCH! Don't do it!

Clothing? Use a pocket, or buttons or something clothing-related?

I forgot about the A challenge, I think I'll start with B... and I love brads!

Dawn Bibbs said...

What super cute cards!!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Jacki, these are all darling...Love those American Art stamps.

For "C" how about chalk or chalk ink? Or Cuttlebug?

Anonymous said...

Love all three cards! I enjoy seeing how you use the same image with different colors, etc. and come up with a totally different look - great job!

How about C is for Crayons - either the image or the actual article. Or, how about C is for Challenge and do something you've never tried before. tfs

Sarosa said...

Okay, here it is, but be prepared to wince! ;-)

http://encouragingimpressions.blogspot.com/2008/02/really-retro.html