Friday, January 18, 2008

Starting with... A



Stamps:
Small thank you is a partial stamp from Morning Star Stamps. The large T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U is one of the Paper Studio sets below.
The stamp used in the background on the green is Stampin Up.
The Alphabet stamped in green on the circle is Hampton Arts.
The Little Boy is Me and My Big Ideas.
Ink and Card Stock: Cool Caribbean and Gable Green (SU)
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Other: Coluzzle, Ribbon:
A is for Alphabet Stamps
I like alphabets and fonts. ( Just humor me for a moment. Let's just pretend that the only thing I like/collect is alphabet stamps) I don't really have that many, but probably more than I need (smile). So recently I found this incredible blow out-can't-pass that-up-sale and I bought a couple several more sets. Here's a link to the sale at Crafts ETC. ( Hobby Lobby's online store). It looks like the price went up a little, but, wow, you still can't beat that price.... if you are in the market for Alphabet stamps.
ETA: I bought all these sets for around $10.




I mentioned before that I'm organizing(and purging). The goal is to see and therefore use what I have. I decided that I need some kind of order to my self-challenges to use the stuff I have. So I'm going thru the stamps and accessories according to the alphabet.


My son was in a school wide spelling bee last week and my neighbor brought him a balloon and candy to congratulate him (for 5th place). Here is the card I made for him to thank her.






Do you like the timing of this challenge with the alphabet stamps and the spelling bee?? I love how that worked out!



This is his "Mom don't make such a big deal in front of all these people" face.



I made this card first. After it was all said and done I decided that I didn't like it enough, so I put my thinking cap on and remembered that I recently bought the Me and My Big Ideas Kids stamps.

5 comments:

Trish D said...

Wow, I really like the idea of using the alpha stamps as the background. And congrats to your son, too!!

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome! Congratulations to him--I love the spelling bee!

Julie Koerber said...

Gee, wonder where you picked up those cute little kids! :-) Fun to see that you put them to good use! Your card is darling!

Congrats on your son's effort in the spelling bee! That's fun!

Anonymous said...

Were have I been?? Congrats to your DS for placing in the spelling bee. He's such a handsome boy!

Su Davis said...

Really nice card - really nice son, aren't children funny with the faces they pull (my daughter is the worst for it in our family!) I do hope your son is much better now.
Su