Saturday, January 19, 2008

Got Snow!?!

I'm trying to inspire myself to scrapbook, so I'm going thru my scrapbooks. With the snow that is falling outside my window the kids and I were talking about the snow storms we've experienced before we moved to Michigan-- which was a totally different story! The following pages were done in 2000 in Augusta. I actually entered this "Got Snow" layout in a contest at the local Scrapbook store ( called Say Cheese) and won 1st place in the monthly contest.

The story behind this layout: My youngest son was at 17 months old at the time. The first thing he did when he saw the snow outside was to run and get a spoon. It was hilarious. Maybe he thought Ice Cream was falling from the sky??




The next two show the desperation of children (and obviously their parents) who don't get to experience snow regularly.



We were returning to GA from a week in Philadelphia. The kids prayed that it would snow while we were there, but it didn't. Of course we got all the way back to NC before we saw snow so we stopped at a McDonald's and let them play in the grass.

The lettering and the stop sign were done with templates. The van is a die cut. I cut the Golden Arches, the snowman and the boy, the bowl and spoon and snowballs by hand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a scrapbooker but I couldnt help smiling when I saw your scrapbook pages. Very cute pictures and wonderful decorative elements. You're pretty sharp with a pair of scissors, lol! tfs

Inkerbelle said...

How cute that he went to get a spoon and how great that you have the pages to commemorate the moment!! Lovely, lovely layouts.

ScrappinMyRoots said...

Very Cute... your son wanted to get a spoon to collect/catch the snow. Great layout!

I hope he enjoyed the unusual GA. snow this weekend.