Monday, November 26, 2007

Talk about extending a celebration!


This time the tables were turned on me!!! Cathy and Beth snuck away on Friday to surprise me with a birthday present. As you know, my birthday was back in September. She was busy with a brand new baby at the time. I didn't expect anything at all from her. It was extra special because she listens to me. ( don't you just love friends like that?)
On Thursday while we were cooking I mentioned that I needed some new Christmas music. This was after the same CD played a hundred times! I told her that Yolanda had a new Christmas CD that I wanted to get. As I've mentioned before, I am big fan of Yolanda Adams' ministry. Her new Christmas CD is one of the gifts they got for me. This CD is awesome,by the way--not that I expected any different. Think big band, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald....
The next gift is this Willow Tree figurine. I told my family that I wanted to start collecting these figurines. I haven't personally purchased any,but, I figured with Mother's day and Christmas and Birthdays, if they ever were in a position where they couldn't think of anything for me, this would be a great present. A no-brainer!? I couldn't have made it easier for them. Pick any one you want me to have... So far, my family bought me one, but this is the second one that I've received from Cathy and the Hyde family.
I love cards, store bought or handmade.... I always have. This card, purple and an artist, was made for me! It's perfect for me, don't you think? To top it off, she wrote the most beautiful sentimental message inside.
Oh and to make it a perfect surprise, there was a cheesecake involved--cherry cheesecake, I might add. I can't take a picture of that, because it's gone....
So far the day has gone well, I'll probably be back later with pictures of the things we made with in our marathon polymer clay session last night. I proceeded to put them in the oven and forget about them. (it was the computer's fault) They burned a little. So, what I ended up with was an antiqued(LOL) snowman... Later for that!!!
I need to do a product review also. I bought a couple of things over the last few months that I want to recommend. If there were only more hours in a day....

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Happy Belated Birthday, it is so nice when people listen. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for drawing my name for blog candy. I have sent you an email.

Sharon in NE said...

What great gifts!! You deserve such kindness and wonderful friends.