Friday, November 23, 2007

Holiday Smiles and Joys

I finally made a Christmas Card!!! This first card was a weak attempt at following the sketch from the smARTworks Tea Party. See!! This is why I can't do a design team. I can't follow directions! LOL

I bought this stamp from smARTworks because it reminds me of a picture (or maybe a home movie) we have of my Aunt Flossie loaded down with Christmas gifts in her fur collared wool coat complete with the purse on her arm. I should dig up that up and send it to her with this card.

This first card includes a saying that comes in a different set also from smARTworks.

Finished Card Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Stamps: Holiday Smiles and Pear Tree (smARTworks)
Printed Paper (Provo Craft)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukenko), Always Artichoke( SU)
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Ribbon


Finished Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25
Stamps:
Holiday Smiles (smARTworks)
Printed Paper; Green print (SU), Red Print (Provo Craft)
Ink:Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukenko), Always Artichoke( SU)
Coloring Medium: Water Color Pencils
Other: Circle Punches, Ticket Corner Punches, Ribbon

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like this stamp, it makes a very cute card Jacki! I did go see This Christmas yesterday afternoon. It was a great movie, it made me laugh and made me cry. I'll be buying it when it comes to DVD. Have a great weekend. I plan on working on some Christmas cards!

Anonymous said...

These are super cards, Jacki! I, too, swear one of my aunts had this exact coat and purse... for me, it's a reminder of nostalgia at it's best!