Friday, November 2, 2007

For you, my Friend

The mother of my daughters' friend passed away last night. She was battling cancer. My girls are pretty shook up and concerned about their friend. This is the friend who spent the weekend with us during the 18 year old's birthday celebration in September. My girls spent many hours and sleepovers at this family's house when they were in middle school. We moved away just after they were in middle school, but they have kept in touch my mail, phone, and the Internet ever since. The town we used to live is about three hours away, so I'm going to go with my daughter to the memorial service. It is so sad. She leaves behind three daughters and a husband. Say a prayer for this family, especially for those girls. I can't imagine losing a mother as a teenager.

I colored these images (smARTworks) in the car line earlier today. Tonight I was able to quickly put together this card for my daughter to give to her friend.

Can you see the glitter?

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Beautiful card jacki. I will keep them in my thoughts. I lost my mother around that age and it (lung cancer)still hurts daily. It was a comfort to know that her pain was gone and she was resting with Him.
Blessings.