Saturday, September 29, 2007

Just Because



This was my first attempt at blending with the odorless mineral spirits. I've tried it a time or two since, but I haven't actually made a card from those attempts. I blended two colors together and I think I like it, although I'm still not wowed by the whole technique. I'll get a chance to play with it today at Michaels. During the Class Preview today, we are suppposed to be working on something for 3 hours. I figured I would sit and color. Sigh... the things we do for a paycheck...
All Finished Card Size: 6.5 x 4.25
Stamps: Ruffled Bloom (Stampendous), Just Because (The Stamping Studio)
Card stock: White card and blue panel (Bazzill), various strips
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils and Odorless Mineral Spirits

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this, Jacki. I like the colors, the glitter and also that you put the flower colors on the outer edge of the band - very cool!

Anonymous said...

I know that flower must have taken a chunk of time, but I love the overall simple, uncluttered look of the card. I sometimes joke about the "Where's Waldo" style of scrapbooking - where is the photo??? I think that's why I like card making so much better: the focus IS the artwork. But even there, as amazed as I get by intricate, every-space-filled cards, I love best the crisp look of a card like this. Beautiful!