Friday, September 28, 2007

It's your Birthday!



Finished Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25
Stamps: Flower (Hero Arts), Happy Birthday(Penny Black)
Card stock: White Card(Georgia Pacific) and Misc
Ink:Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukenko), Lavender Lace (SU)
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils


I'm sharing this one before I mail it to a friend who lives in this area. I haven't seen her in a few years because we used to be a couple hours away from where they live. Since we are closer now, I'll make it a point to get to see her.
This is a stamp from a Hero Arts set that is one of my favorites to color. I searched Michaels yesterday and last night for the "perfect" stamps to teach my coloring class and I came up with some possiblilites, but nothing that I want to sing about. The coloring class is the first one on the schedule so I have to get that solidified in my mind. When I went back last night, I made a couple more cards for my card club. I also searched for paper that I can stamp and color on and came up with nothing suitable. I'll look around a little more, but I think I am just going to provide the paper for my class from my stash of GP paper.

Speaking of the card club, I know some of you are very clever. I'm not, so I need your help. I want a catchy name for my monthy card making workshop. I don't want to call it a "card making workshop", because I'm calling the other monthy class the Paper Crafting Workshop. In the card class, they will make 12 seasonal or themed cards each month that are predesigned by me. Each month I will incorporate a technique too. Think of a name and I'll send you a prize. Leave me a comment on this post with your idea. I have a pile of stuff to get rid of, so if your idea is chosen, I will send you a list and you can choose your prize. How does that sound?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Stock the Card Box" workshop
"Card Creation Camp"
"Greeting Cards Galore"
"Creating Crafty Cards Class"

How 'bout any of those??

Kelly said...

Gorgeous card love your choice of colors!!

Not too sure a name for your club but I have a few ideas my cm dealer.....LOL used to do, every couple of months she would do a day thing like 3 to 10 it would be themed luau, or Greek, Italian. the room would be decorated accordingly to theme and we would all bring a pot luck dish, we could wear costumes if we wanted there were prizes and games nit was so fun!!

Anonymous said...

How about Gracious Greetings?

Trish D said...

Very nice card - good luck finding "just the right" stamp. I'd think that would be very difficult limiting yourself to what's stocked when you know what's available!

As for a class name, how about
Card Cache (not sure whether enough people know what that measn, though) Also: Greetings Galore or Stamp a Stash?

Anonymous said...

Interesting how we have similar thoughts for names. The ones I thought of were:

Creative Cards Workshop
Card Stash Workshop

I personally like Trish's
Stamp a Stash