Friday, September 14, 2007

Celebration at the Castle???



No, not today anyway... Today is my birthday, but I'm headed out to get my daughter from college. We will be celebrating her 18th Birthday this weekend. She apologized today for ruining my birthday 18 years ago. I was in the Hospital the entire 24 hours of my day because they were trying to stop my labor since she wasn't due until mid-October. Actually I started the day at one hospital, and was transferred in an ambulance to the larger teaching hospital a few miles away when they realized the labor wasn't going to stop and she would probably need to go into a NICU. She held out until just after midnight so that she could have her own day. It seems like a lifetime ago. BUT, I'm proud of her and I happy with how she turned out!!

Her favorite color happens to be purple and as you know I always enjoy making purple cards.

Finished Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25
Stamps: Birthday Bundt (Stampendous) , Background Swirl(Inkadinkado),HBD (Penny Black)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip(SU), Purple (? ),White card(Georgia Pacific)

Ink:Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukenko), Basic Brown (SU)
Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Other: craft paint




Finished Card Size: 5.5 x 4.25
Stamps: Birthday Bundt (Stampendous), Background Swirl(Inkadinkado)

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip(SU), Purple (? ),White card(Georgia Pacific)
Ink:Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukenko), Basic Brown (SU)

Coloring Medium: Prismacolor Pencils
Other: craft paint

Now that I look at the purple one, I think I'll go back and add the Happy Birthday sentiment to this one also.

9 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Oh shoot! I didn't get a card made/mailed! I thought your birthday was this month, but hadn't gone to verify which day (thinking it was later in the month and I had time. That's what I get for thinking.) I hope you have a marvelous birthday!!! Love both cards that you made. Happy birthday to your daughter also. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy and healthy birthday to both of you.

Alhambra Club said...

Oh my glad that everything turned out OK and now you can have a birthday celebration weekend. Happy Birthday to you and your daughter. Have a wonderful weekend. Oh love your cards, as always.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jacki!! Hope you have a fun weekend celebrating with your daughter.

Have a great day!
Wendy

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday to you and your daughter! Have a good one! Your card is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to you! God's riches blessings to you!

Sharon in NE said...

Happy birthday to you my friend.

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday. I really love that stamp - haven't seen that one before it makes a really cute card. Hope you and your daughter have a great time.

Denise Bryant (imchatty) said...

So sorry I missed your birthday! I have not been blogging for a week now and just checked the google reader to see what I have missed...and I missed your birthday! Hope you had a great day!