Friday, June 22, 2007

Coasters as Coasters!

You know the coasters that everyone is crafting with? I thought that maybe it would be fun to do a couple to actually use as a coaster in my craft space.

I am still experimenting with this, but I'll show you what I did so far. I've got too much going on to really devote the time I need to, but last night I just had to at least try it before I put away the coasters until after the move.

I mentioned this on Gingerwood a while back and was advised ( by Nancy) to use craft or pigment ink and heat set it, but instead I used StazOn because it was out already. I colored it with watered down Alchohol inks. I'm not satisfied with the results yet, but I thought I would show you anyway to save you time should you decide to experiment.


I abandoned this coaster with it's stained glass image from My Heart Stamps 4U because I didn't get a perfect image (my fault) and my alcohol ink color choices are limited. When I used the wrong color for the background and I decided to stop because I really didn't have time for something this detailed anyway. (I am going to stamp a few of these beautiful images to color for later, maybe even on vellum)



Then I went to another stamp sitting right in front of me. These stamps arrived yesterday from The Stampbuzz. Both the butterfly and the saying are Stampendous. Again, I used the Stazon, but the image didn't turn out as crisp as I wanted.
However, when I get to do this for real, I'll try the alcohol inks again because the colors don't run when re-wet. I tested it by pouring water on it. Once it dried it was back to normal.




No comments: