Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day Cards 2007



I made this card a little while ago, so it may look a little familiar. This morning I added the sentiment, transforming it into a Mother's Day Card for my mom. This stamp image always reminds me of her because of all the patterns she had and all the sewing she did when I was growing up.

Here are the directions for this card from Great Minds Think Alike on April 16th.

I stamped the image three times-- once on white cardstock and twice on different sections of the Basic Grey pattern paper. I trimmed the dresses from the pattern paper and glued them to the white cardstock image. The ladies were quickly colored in with a Prismacolor Peach Beige pencil.


Unless I am making a card for someone in particular, I usually color the people with peach beige which is my base color. When I get ready to send the card, I can add more color or shading so that it will look like the recipient.
The sentiment is a Fractured Funny (a two stamp set) from Hambo Stamps.

1 comment:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Great card. I love the way the paper just goes with that stamped image.